Advice for Welwyn Hatfield parents applying for schools
- Credit: Archant
The new school year may just be about to start but it’s already time for Welwyn Hatfield parents and carers to start planning ahead for 2017.
The application process for secondary schools (including upper schools and university technical colleges) opens this week on Thursday, September 1.
A Hertfordshire County Council spokesperson said: “If your child starts primary, or moves on to a junior, middle, secondary, upper or university technology college next year, make sure you apply for a place in good time.
“The easiest way to apply for a school place for September 2017 is to visit www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions and complete the online application form.
“Online applications can be amended at any time up to the closing date and you can access your school offer before allocation letters are received and accept your school allocation online.”
You may also want to watch:
Leaflets explaining the secondary transfer process will be distributed to families through their child’s primary or middle school at the beginning of September.
The closing date for applications is October 31, 2016. It is vital that parents make their applications on time.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
Parents without Internet access can request a paper application form that must be returned direct to the admission and transport team. Application forms cannot be returned to primary schools.
The Under 11s application process (for applications to primary, junior and middle schools) opens on November 7, 2016, and the closing date is January 15, 2017. Information will be distributed in early November.
Parents are advised to check www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions for any updates to the published admission arrangements or timescales, and for advice on where to find extra help about applying for places.