Abstract creations by young Welwyn Garden City artists
- Credit: Archant
Young Welwyn Garden City abstract impressionists have created novel artworks by following in the footsteps of the great Jackson Pollock - throwing paint at canvas.
Children at Watchlytes Nursery covered three blank canvasses with paint thrown in egg shells in an Easter art project.
Nursery teacher Caroline Ortega said: “We asked the children to bring in egg shells if anyone was baking, and bought three blank canvasses. We filled the egg shells with different paints.
“Jackson Pollock threw paint as well. We would love to convince someone our canvasses are masterpieces, and maybe raise some money for the school.
“The children absolutely loved it.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a lot of paint in hair and on faces, but it all added to the charm of the day. Luckily we have very understanding parents.”
- 1 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 2 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday