Abstract creations by young Welwyn Garden City artists
- Credit: Archant
Young Welwyn Garden City abstract impressionists have created novel artworks by following in the footsteps of the great Jackson Pollock - throwing paint at canvas.
Children at Watchlytes Nursery covered three blank canvasses with paint thrown in egg shells in an Easter art project.
Nursery teacher Caroline Ortega said: “We asked the children to bring in egg shells if anyone was baking, and bought three blank canvasses. We filled the egg shells with different paints.
“Jackson Pollock threw paint as well. We would love to convince someone our canvasses are masterpieces, and maybe raise some money for the school.
“The children absolutely loved it.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a lot of paint in hair and on faces, but it all added to the charm of the day. Luckily we have very understanding parents.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison