A-level results: Queenswood School, Brookmans Park
GIRLS at Queenswood School are celebrating another year of “outstanding” A-level results.
Of the 24 subjects offered at A-level at the exclusive Brookmans Park school, 81 per cent of grades achieved were A* to B.
More than a quarter of students achieved A and A* in all their A-level subjects, while 10 per cent gained at least three A* grades – with some of these taking five A-levels.
Girls were also highly successful in the newly-introduced Pre-U, in which grades were awarded at distinction level.
The students are now going on to read a huge range of subjects at universities including Cambridge, University College London, Imperial and Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Pauline Edgar said: “We are delighted by these results and by the fact that we have maintained 17 per cent of our passes at the extremely demanding A* standard.
“This reflects admirably the hard work of all our girls and the high standard of teaching and support given by the staff.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 7 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 8 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
“We are proud to retain our position as a leading academic school and wish our Upper Sixth students every success for the future.”