A-level results: Queenswood School, Brookmans Park
GIRLS at Queenswood School are celebrating another year of “outstanding” A-level results.
Of the 24 subjects offered at A-level at the exclusive Brookmans Park school, 81 per cent of grades achieved were A* to B.
More than a quarter of students achieved A and A* in all their A-level subjects, while 10 per cent gained at least three A* grades – with some of these taking five A-levels.
Girls were also highly successful in the newly-introduced Pre-U, in which grades were awarded at distinction level.
The students are now going on to read a huge range of subjects at universities including Cambridge, University College London, Imperial and Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Pauline Edgar said: “We are delighted by these results and by the fact that we have maintained 17 per cent of our passes at the extremely demanding A* standard.
“This reflects admirably the hard work of all our girls and the high standard of teaching and support given by the staff.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
“We are proud to retain our position as a leading academic school and wish our Upper Sixth students every success for the future.”