A-level results: Queenswood School, Brookmans Park
GIRLS at Queenswood School are celebrating another year of “outstanding” A-level results.
Of the 24 subjects offered at A-level at the exclusive Brookmans Park school, 81 per cent of grades achieved were A* to B.
More than a quarter of students achieved A and A* in all their A-level subjects, while 10 per cent gained at least three A* grades – with some of these taking five A-levels.
Girls were also highly successful in the newly-introduced Pre-U, in which grades were awarded at distinction level.
The students are now going on to read a huge range of subjects at universities including Cambridge, University College London, Imperial and Bristol.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Pauline Edgar said: “We are delighted by these results and by the fact that we have maintained 17 per cent of our passes at the extremely demanding A* standard.
“This reflects admirably the hard work of all our girls and the high standard of teaching and support given by the staff.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
“We are proud to retain our position as a leading academic school and wish our Upper Sixth students every success for the future.”