A-level results: Oaklands College, Welwyn Garden City and St Albans
THERE’S smiles all round at Oaklands College – which has a campus in Welwyn Garden City – after the publication of this year’s A-level results.
The pass rate at the college, which also has sites in St Albans, was 97 per cent.
In addition, the number of students achieving A and A* has more than doubled in the last year.
A total of 10 subjects achieved an impressive 100% pass rate: English language, literature, film studies, government and politics, human biology, law, maths, media studies, photography and sociology.
Principal Zoe Hancock said: “We are very proud of the successes of our students this year and I would like to congratulate them all on their achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“With greater numbers of students taking advantage of our A-level Academy and the independent and supportive learning environment we offer, we hope we can continue to help more learners reach their potential and plan for a great career.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire