A-level results: Oaklands College, Welwyn Garden City and St Albans
THERE’S smiles all round at Oaklands College – which has a campus in Welwyn Garden City – after the publication of this year’s A-level results.
The pass rate at the college, which also has sites in St Albans, was 97 per cent.
In addition, the number of students achieving A and A* has more than doubled in the last year.
A total of 10 subjects achieved an impressive 100% pass rate: English language, literature, film studies, government and politics, human biology, law, maths, media studies, photography and sociology.
Principal Zoe Hancock said: “We are very proud of the successes of our students this year and I would like to congratulate them all on their achievements.
You may also want to watch:
“With greater numbers of students taking advantage of our A-level Academy and the independent and supportive learning environment we offer, we hope we can continue to help more learners reach their potential and plan for a great career.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 3 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?