A-level results 2017: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Queenswood School in Brookmans Park are celebrating an impressive set of A-level results today.
Seventy-seven per cent of pupils achieved grades of A*–B across 25 subjects at A-level and Pre-U (a diploma style qualification from Cambridge International Examinations).
One third of the girls gained at least three A*/A grades, while 100% of results in modern languages were A*–B, and all candidates in further mathematics gained an A*.
Students have secured places on a highly prestigious range of undergraduate courses, including history and Italian at Oxford, pharmacy at University College London, law at Durham, civil engineering at Imperial College London, and art history at St Andrews.
Principal Jo Cameron said: “The girls and staff have worked with incredible enthusiasm and commitment, and their achievements are thoroughly deserved.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to wish our departing upper sixth form students every success for the future.”
• For more A-level results day news, visit our Education section at www.whtimes.co.uk/news/education
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign