A-level results 2017: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Queenswood School in Brookmans Park are celebrating an impressive set of A-level results today.
Seventy-seven per cent of pupils achieved grades of A*–B across 25 subjects at A-level and Pre-U (a diploma style qualification from Cambridge International Examinations).
One third of the girls gained at least three A*/A grades, while 100% of results in modern languages were A*–B, and all candidates in further mathematics gained an A*.
Students have secured places on a highly prestigious range of undergraduate courses, including history and Italian at Oxford, pharmacy at University College London, law at Durham, civil engineering at Imperial College London, and art history at St Andrews.
Principal Jo Cameron said: “The girls and staff have worked with incredible enthusiasm and commitment, and their achievements are thoroughly deserved.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to wish our departing upper sixth form students every success for the future.”
• For more A-level results day news, visit our Education section at www.whtimes.co.uk/news/education
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral