A-level results 2017: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Queenswood School in Brookmans Park are celebrating an impressive set of A-level results today.
Seventy-seven per cent of pupils achieved grades of A*–B across 25 subjects at A-level and Pre-U (a diploma style qualification from Cambridge International Examinations).
One third of the girls gained at least three A*/A grades, while 100% of results in modern languages were A*–B, and all candidates in further mathematics gained an A*.
Students have secured places on a highly prestigious range of undergraduate courses, including history and Italian at Oxford, pharmacy at University College London, law at Durham, civil engineering at Imperial College London, and art history at St Andrews.
Principal Jo Cameron said: “The girls and staff have worked with incredible enthusiasm and commitment, and their achievements are thoroughly deserved.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to wish our departing upper sixth form students every success for the future.”
• For more A-level results day news, visit our Education section at www.whtimes.co.uk/news/education
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?