A-level results 2017: Queenswood School
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Queenswood School in Brookmans Park are celebrating an impressive set of A-level results today.
Seventy-seven per cent of pupils achieved grades of A*–B across 25 subjects at A-level and Pre-U (a diploma style qualification from Cambridge International Examinations).
One third of the girls gained at least three A*/A grades, while 100% of results in modern languages were A*–B, and all candidates in further mathematics gained an A*.
Students have secured places on a highly prestigious range of undergraduate courses, including history and Italian at Oxford, pharmacy at University College London, law at Durham, civil engineering at Imperial College London, and art history at St Andrews.
Principal Jo Cameron said: “The girls and staff have worked with incredible enthusiasm and commitment, and their achievements are thoroughly deserved.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to wish our departing upper sixth form students every success for the future.”
• For more A-level results day news, visit our Education section at www.whtimes.co.uk/news/education
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston