A-Level results 2016: Oaklands College
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn student is headed for Cambridge University after scoring three A grades in A-levels taken at Oaklands College.
Ben Halliday, 22, will take a degree in human, social and political science after studying politics, economic and history at the college, which has campuses in central Welwyn Garden City and Smallford.
He said: “I’m beside myself. I’ve just called my parents and they sound more thrilled than I am. Thanks to everyone at Oaklands - especially my teachers who have been so supportive and knowledgeable.”
Another high achieving Oaklands student was 18 year-old Emma Paisley from Codicote, who scored ABC in psychology, sociology and photography respectively.
She said: “I’m thrilled I’ve done so well in my exams. It’s a huge relief to finally get my results and I’m really pleased. I already have a job working for mental health charity Mind in mid-Herts.”
You may also want to watch:
College principal Zoe Hancock said: “These results represent a year of hard work put in all of our students, it’s great to see their dedication pay off.
“Whether they move on to university, further study or the world of work, I wish them all the best for their future endeavours.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire