A-Level results 2016: Oaklands College
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn student is headed for Cambridge University after scoring three A grades in A-levels taken at Oaklands College.
Ben Halliday, 22, will take a degree in human, social and political science after studying politics, economic and history at the college, which has campuses in central Welwyn Garden City and Smallford.
He said: “I’m beside myself. I’ve just called my parents and they sound more thrilled than I am. Thanks to everyone at Oaklands - especially my teachers who have been so supportive and knowledgeable.”
Another high achieving Oaklands student was 18 year-old Emma Paisley from Codicote, who scored ABC in psychology, sociology and photography respectively.
She said: “I’m thrilled I’ve done so well in my exams. It’s a huge relief to finally get my results and I’m really pleased. I already have a job working for mental health charity Mind in mid-Herts.”
You may also want to watch:
College principal Zoe Hancock said: “These results represent a year of hard work put in all of our students, it’s great to see their dedication pay off.
“Whether they move on to university, further study or the world of work, I wish them all the best for their future endeavours.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire