A-Level results 2016: Oaklands College
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn student is headed for Cambridge University after scoring three A grades in A-levels taken at Oaklands College.
Ben Halliday, 22, will take a degree in human, social and political science after studying politics, economic and history at the college, which has campuses in central Welwyn Garden City and Smallford.
He said: “I’m beside myself. I’ve just called my parents and they sound more thrilled than I am. Thanks to everyone at Oaklands - especially my teachers who have been so supportive and knowledgeable.”
Another high achieving Oaklands student was 18 year-old Emma Paisley from Codicote, who scored ABC in psychology, sociology and photography respectively.
She said: “I’m thrilled I’ve done so well in my exams. It’s a huge relief to finally get my results and I’m really pleased. I already have a job working for mental health charity Mind in mid-Herts.”
You may also want to watch:
College principal Zoe Hancock said: “These results represent a year of hard work put in all of our students, it’s great to see their dedication pay off.
“Whether they move on to university, further study or the world of work, I wish them all the best for their future endeavours.”
- 1 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 2 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 5 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Father reveals 'toll' his infertility took on his mental health while trying to have a baby
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules