A-Level results 2016: Oaklands College
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn student is headed for Cambridge University after scoring three A grades in A-levels taken at Oaklands College.
Ben Halliday, 22, will take a degree in human, social and political science after studying politics, economic and history at the college, which has campuses in central Welwyn Garden City and Smallford.
He said: “I’m beside myself. I’ve just called my parents and they sound more thrilled than I am. Thanks to everyone at Oaklands - especially my teachers who have been so supportive and knowledgeable.”
Another high achieving Oaklands student was 18 year-old Emma Paisley from Codicote, who scored ABC in psychology, sociology and photography respectively.
She said: “I’m thrilled I’ve done so well in my exams. It’s a huge relief to finally get my results and I’m really pleased. I already have a job working for mental health charity Mind in mid-Herts.”
You may also want to watch:
College principal Zoe Hancock said: “These results represent a year of hard work put in all of our students, it’s great to see their dedication pay off.
“Whether they move on to university, further study or the world of work, I wish them all the best for their future endeavours.”
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign