A-level results 2016: Mount Grace School
- Credit: Archant
Mount Grace School pupils “made their families proud” after a successful set of A-level results.
Forty-eight per cent of grades were A* to A, including equivalents in vocational courses, up two per cent from last year, with 52 per cent of grades being A* to B.
This year 75 per cent of grades were A* to C, compared to 77 per cent in 2015.
Particularly high performers were Matt Beadle; Francesca Borghi; Lauren Dixon; Tommy Festa; Ami Gauden and Kaira Lye, who all achieved an average of 240 points (an A grade) per entry or better.
Daryl Bullock achieved a Distinction Star in performing arts among his results, and said he has developed personally throughout the course.
You may also want to watch:
“It was just a massive boost in confidence because I can see what awaits for me if I get things right,” he said.
Headteacher Peter Baker said: “The wide variety of courses on offer means that all students can reach their full potential.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
“I am delighted with these results for all of Year 13 who have worked so hard over the last two years.
“I am sure they have made their families very proud. I wish them all the best for the future at university or whatever they chose to do.”
• For more exam results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ Education section.