A-level results 2016: Mount Grace School
- Credit: Archant
Mount Grace School pupils “made their families proud” after a successful set of A-level results.
Forty-eight per cent of grades were A* to A, including equivalents in vocational courses, up two per cent from last year, with 52 per cent of grades being A* to B.
This year 75 per cent of grades were A* to C, compared to 77 per cent in 2015.
Particularly high performers were Matt Beadle; Francesca Borghi; Lauren Dixon; Tommy Festa; Ami Gauden and Kaira Lye, who all achieved an average of 240 points (an A grade) per entry or better.
Daryl Bullock achieved a Distinction Star in performing arts among his results, and said he has developed personally throughout the course.
“It was just a massive boost in confidence because I can see what awaits for me if I get things right,” he said.
Headteacher Peter Baker said: “The wide variety of courses on offer means that all students can reach their full potential.
- 1 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 League Two sides heading to Potters Bar Town for pre-season
- 9 Man suffers leg injuries after stabbing at Queensway in Hatfield
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
“I am delighted with these results for all of Year 13 who have worked so hard over the last two years.
“I am sure they have made their families very proud. I wish them all the best for the future at university or whatever they chose to do.”
• For more exam results news, visit the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ Education section.