A-level results 2013: Welwyn Garden City students ‘come up trumps’
- Credit: Archant
THE number of top A-level grades shot up at a Welwyn Garden City school, it was announced today (Thursday).
Students from Monk’s Walk School picked up their results this morning, with the headteacher praising their hard work.
The pass rate at A2 level was 98 per cent, with 23 per cent of entries awarded grades A* or A.
And 54 per cent of entries were grated at A* to B – a 16 per cent improvement on 2012.
Head Katie Smith said: “This is a fine achievement by all concerned.
You may also want to watch:
“All of our students follow challenging academic A-level courses and they have come up trumps.
“I am very proud of them all.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield