A-level results 2013: Welwyn Garden City students ‘come up trumps’
- Credit: Archant
THE number of top A-level grades shot up at a Welwyn Garden City school, it was announced today (Thursday).
Students from Monk’s Walk School picked up their results this morning, with the headteacher praising their hard work.
The pass rate at A2 level was 98 per cent, with 23 per cent of entries awarded grades A* or A.
And 54 per cent of entries were grated at A* to B – a 16 per cent improvement on 2012.
Head Katie Smith said: “This is a fine achievement by all concerned.
You may also want to watch:
“All of our students follow challenging academic A-level courses and they have come up trumps.
“I am very proud of them all.”
- 1 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Brookmans Park pub reopens with more outdoor space for eating and drinking
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire