A-level results 2013: Welwyn Garden City students ‘come up trumps’
- Credit: Archant
THE number of top A-level grades shot up at a Welwyn Garden City school, it was announced today (Thursday).
Students from Monk’s Walk School picked up their results this morning, with the headteacher praising their hard work.
The pass rate at A2 level was 98 per cent, with 23 per cent of entries awarded grades A* or A.
And 54 per cent of entries were grated at A* to B – a 16 per cent improvement on 2012.
Head Katie Smith said: “This is a fine achievement by all concerned.
“All of our students follow challenging academic A-level courses and they have come up trumps.
“I am very proud of them all.”
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 4 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby