A-level results 2013: Welwyn Garden City students ‘come up trumps’
- Credit: Archant
THE number of top A-level grades shot up at a Welwyn Garden City school, it was announced today (Thursday).
Students from Monk’s Walk School picked up their results this morning, with the headteacher praising their hard work.
The pass rate at A2 level was 98 per cent, with 23 per cent of entries awarded grades A* or A.
And 54 per cent of entries were grated at A* to B – a 16 per cent improvement on 2012.
Head Katie Smith said: “This is a fine achievement by all concerned.
You may also want to watch:
“All of our students follow challenging academic A-level courses and they have come up trumps.
“I am very proud of them all.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One