A-level results 2013: Welwyn Garden City students ‘come up trumps’
- Credit: Archant
THE number of top A-level grades shot up at a Welwyn Garden City school, it was announced today (Thursday).
Students from Monk’s Walk School picked up their results this morning, with the headteacher praising their hard work.
The pass rate at A2 level was 98 per cent, with 23 per cent of entries awarded grades A* or A.
And 54 per cent of entries were grated at A* to B – a 16 per cent improvement on 2012.
Head Katie Smith said: “This is a fine achievement by all concerned.
You may also want to watch:
“All of our students follow challenging academic A-level courses and they have come up trumps.
“I am very proud of them all.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk