A-level results 2013: Hatfield school picks up ‘best results in 10 years’
- Credit: Archant
A SCHOOL in Hatfield celebrated after picking up “the best results in 10 years” this morning (Thursday).
Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School saw 29.7 per cent of all grades either A* or A, and 57.3 per cent at A* to B.
Top performers included Georgina Kennedy, who achieved A* in all three of her A-level subjects, maths, further Maths and physics.
More exceptional achievements include those of Katie Burns (Biology A*, Maths A*, Geography A) who will start studying Biological Sciences at the University of Oxford, Bethany Jones (Maths A*, Further Maths A, Physics A) and Samira Saberian (Maths A*, Biology A, Chemistry A).
Headteacher Theodora Nickson said: “All our girls are to be congratulated on their dedication and commitment to their studies which have produced such brilliant results alongside the relentless support offered by their teachers.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish all our leavers the very best of luck in the future, whether they are heading for more study, employment or spending some time travelling and look forward to sharing their future achievements with them.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog