A-level results 2013: Hatfield school picks up ‘best results in 10 years’
- Credit: Archant
A SCHOOL in Hatfield celebrated after picking up “the best results in 10 years” this morning (Thursday).
Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School saw 29.7 per cent of all grades either A* or A, and 57.3 per cent at A* to B.
Top performers included Georgina Kennedy, who achieved A* in all three of her A-level subjects, maths, further Maths and physics.
More exceptional achievements include those of Katie Burns (Biology A*, Maths A*, Geography A) who will start studying Biological Sciences at the University of Oxford, Bethany Jones (Maths A*, Further Maths A, Physics A) and Samira Saberian (Maths A*, Biology A, Chemistry A).
Headteacher Theodora Nickson said: “All our girls are to be congratulated on their dedication and commitment to their studies which have produced such brilliant results alongside the relentless support offered by their teachers.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish all our leavers the very best of luck in the future, whether they are heading for more study, employment or spending some time travelling and look forward to sharing their future achievements with them.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital