A-level results 2013: Hatfield school picks up ‘best results in 10 years’
- Credit: Archant
A SCHOOL in Hatfield celebrated after picking up “the best results in 10 years” this morning (Thursday).
Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School saw 29.7 per cent of all grades either A* or A, and 57.3 per cent at A* to B.
Top performers included Georgina Kennedy, who achieved A* in all three of her A-level subjects, maths, further Maths and physics.
More exceptional achievements include those of Katie Burns (Biology A*, Maths A*, Geography A) who will start studying Biological Sciences at the University of Oxford, Bethany Jones (Maths A*, Further Maths A, Physics A) and Samira Saberian (Maths A*, Biology A, Chemistry A).
Headteacher Theodora Nickson said: “All our girls are to be congratulated on their dedication and commitment to their studies which have produced such brilliant results alongside the relentless support offered by their teachers.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish all our leavers the very best of luck in the future, whether they are heading for more study, employment or spending some time travelling and look forward to sharing their future achievements with them.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Captain Tom inspires little Zach to raise money for the NHS
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation