A-level results 2013: Hatfield school picks up ‘best results in 10 years’
- Credit: Archant
A SCHOOL in Hatfield celebrated after picking up “the best results in 10 years” this morning (Thursday).
Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School saw 29.7 per cent of all grades either A* or A, and 57.3 per cent at A* to B.
Top performers included Georgina Kennedy, who achieved A* in all three of her A-level subjects, maths, further Maths and physics.
More exceptional achievements include those of Katie Burns (Biology A*, Maths A*, Geography A) who will start studying Biological Sciences at the University of Oxford, Bethany Jones (Maths A*, Further Maths A, Physics A) and Samira Saberian (Maths A*, Biology A, Chemistry A).
Headteacher Theodora Nickson said: “All our girls are to be congratulated on their dedication and commitment to their studies which have produced such brilliant results alongside the relentless support offered by their teachers.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish all our leavers the very best of luck in the future, whether they are heading for more study, employment or spending some time travelling and look forward to sharing their future achievements with them.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk