Welwyn Garden City primary school celebrates 50 years
- Credit: supplied by Panshanger Primary School
Teachers past and present were celebrating at a Welwyn Garden City primary school on its fiftieth anniversary.
On January 8 1969, Panshanger Primary School opened its doors for the very first time.
Fifty years to the day in 2019, and it was a trip down memory lane for the ex staff members - including three previous headteachers - who visited.
At the reunion they looked at old photographs and memorabilia and chatted with current staff and pupils.
They were also treated to a performance by the whole school, in which each class shared popular news and a song and dance from different decades.
You may also want to watch:
The anniversary celebrations will continue throughout the year with a series of events planned.
As part of the commemorations, the school has hired the Hawthorne Theatre for a performance in March, where the children will put on another show for parents and families.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime