Welwyn Garden City primary school celebrates 50 years
- Credit: supplied by Panshanger Primary School
Teachers past and present were celebrating at a Welwyn Garden City primary school on its fiftieth anniversary.
On January 8 1969, Panshanger Primary School opened its doors for the very first time.
Fifty years to the day in 2019, and it was a trip down memory lane for the ex staff members - including three previous headteachers - who visited.
At the reunion they looked at old photographs and memorabilia and chatted with current staff and pupils.
They were also treated to a performance by the whole school, in which each class shared popular news and a song and dance from different decades.
You may also want to watch:
The anniversary celebrations will continue throughout the year with a series of events planned.
As part of the commemorations, the school has hired the Hawthorne Theatre for a performance in March, where the children will put on another show for parents and families.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals