EastEnders actor to open Welwyn Garden City carers event
EASTENDERS star John Bardon will be the guest of honour at a carers event this week.
On Friday John, who plays Jim Branning in the BBC soap, will be at Fitness with Fun Day for Carers at the Free Church in WGC.
The Carers Week event, organised by Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North, is to recognise and support the work of unpaid carers.
Joining John, who is cared for by wife Enda after having a stroke in 2007, is Welwyn Hatfield mayor Howard Morgan.
Both men will view a number of activities on offer, such as chair-based exercises, therapeutic massage, cosmetic pampering and facials and advice and information about carers support.
You may also want to watch:
Sheelagh Taylor, chief executive of Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North, said: “We are delighted to be able to provide this free event to recognise and support unpaid carers.”
It runs from 10am until 4pm. Admission is free.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
The charity will also pick up those carers who have travelling difficulties, from various places in Welwyn Hatfield.
For more information call 01462 455578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org