EastEnders actor to open Welwyn Garden City carers event
EASTENDERS star John Bardon will be the guest of honour at a carers event this week.
On Friday John, who plays Jim Branning in the BBC soap, will be at Fitness with Fun Day for Carers at the Free Church in WGC.
The Carers Week event, organised by Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North, is to recognise and support the work of unpaid carers.
Joining John, who is cared for by wife Enda after having a stroke in 2007, is Welwyn Hatfield mayor Howard Morgan.
Both men will view a number of activities on offer, such as chair-based exercises, therapeutic massage, cosmetic pampering and facials and advice and information about carers support.
You may also want to watch:
Sheelagh Taylor, chief executive of Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North, said: “We are delighted to be able to provide this free event to recognise and support unpaid carers.”
It runs from 10am until 4pm. Admission is free.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
The charity will also pick up those carers who have travelling difficulties, from various places in Welwyn Hatfield.
For more information call 01462 455578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org