Early morning kitchen fire in Hatfield

SMOKE poured from a flat after an early morning cooker fire in Hatfield.

Firefighters were called to the ground floor apartment in Manor Parade at around 6am on Saturday after a neighbour spotted smoke escaping the building.

Firefighters entered the property to find that a pan had caught alight on the cooker.

They also found an unconscious male in an unaffected bedroom.

He was given first aid but did not require hospital treatment.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter