Early Christmas celebrations at Hatfield's Galleria
CHRISTMAS has come very, very early for an iconic shopping centre in Hatfield. The Galleria, in Comet Way, has received a prestigious award from the British Council of Shopping Centres (BCSC). At the annual BCSC Purple Apple awards in London, centre
CHRISTMAS has come very, very early for an iconic shopping centre in Hatfield.
The Galleria, in Comet Way, has received a prestigious award from the British Council of Shopping Centres (BCSC).
At the annual BCSC Purple Apple awards in London, centre director Tim Stirling and marketing manager Ellie Boyle collected the community relations prize for the Galleria's Community Christmas campaign last year.
Highlights included a Children in Need disco, a University of Hertfordshire craft fair, a charity pool competition and free children's Christmas card workshops.
You may also want to watch:
The campaign was rounded off by television presenter Toby Anstis switching on the Christmas lights.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?