Duo fight for homeless women’s dignity in Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Two Hertfordshire women are continuing to collect donations of sanitary products for homeless shelters, and hope to help in Welwyn Hatfield.
The pair Sanya Masood and Sophie Harrold have started their second campaign, which runs until January 4, under the umbrella of their ‘A Bloody Good Cause’ charity.
Shelters have to rely on donations or use their scarce funding in order to provide “basic dignity” to women who use their services.
Sanya said: “The issue of tampon tax has pushed us to do more.”
Sanya added: “We want to help women in Welwyn Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to pair up with a shelter in the area if possible.”
Anyone interested in donating should contact the women through their Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/bloodygoodcause
- 1 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 2 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
Any shelters in the area looking for donations should also contact the Facebook page.