Drugs worth �1.5m seized following Hatfield raid
MORE than �1.5m worth of cannabis was seized and 12 men charged following a raid in Hatfield. A four-bedroom house in Northdown Road was stormed as part of Operation Pedal targeting drug trafficking within the county. The search took place
MORE than �1.5m worth of cannabis was seized and 12 men charged following a raid in Hatfield.
A four-bedroom house in Northdown Road was stormed as part of Operation Pedal targeting drug trafficking within the county.
The search took place in January. The WHT did not report details while Herts police's serious and organised crime group carried out further investigations.
At the time, Herts police stopped a car heading into the county and arrested the driver.
You may also want to watch:
Officers allegedly found a large quantity of cannabis within the vehicle.
Simultaneously two search warrants were executed in an industrial unit in Milton Keynes and at the Northdown Road home.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
A police spokeswoman told the WHT: "These premises contained what police believed to be fully functioning cannabis farms containing plants of the high potency 'skunk' variety.
"Other search warrants executed that day and on subsequent days over the following weeks resulted in the arrest of various persons for drug trafficking offences and further significant seizures."
A further smaller scale suspected cannabis farm was discovered in Milton Keynes and drugs seized from a house in Hitchin.
She confirmed the seized drugs had an estimated street value of more than �1.5m.
The charged men from Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire, are due to appear before magistrates next month.