Drugs worth �1.5m seized following Hatfield raid
MORE than �1.5m worth of cannabis was seized and 12 men charged following a raid in Hatfield. A four-bedroom house in Northdown Road was stormed as part of Operation Pedal targeting drug trafficking within the county. The search took place
MORE than �1.5m worth of cannabis was seized and 12 men charged following a raid in Hatfield.
A four-bedroom house in Northdown Road was stormed as part of Operation Pedal targeting drug trafficking within the county.
The search took place in January. The WHT did not report details while Herts police's serious and organised crime group carried out further investigations.
At the time, Herts police stopped a car heading into the county and arrested the driver.
You may also want to watch:
Officers allegedly found a large quantity of cannabis within the vehicle.
Simultaneously two search warrants were executed in an industrial unit in Milton Keynes and at the Northdown Road home.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
A police spokeswoman told the WHT: "These premises contained what police believed to be fully functioning cannabis farms containing plants of the high potency 'skunk' variety.
"Other search warrants executed that day and on subsequent days over the following weeks resulted in the arrest of various persons for drug trafficking offences and further significant seizures."
A further smaller scale suspected cannabis farm was discovered in Milton Keynes and drugs seized from a house in Hitchin.
She confirmed the seized drugs had an estimated street value of more than �1.5m.
The charged men from Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire, are due to appear before magistrates next month.