Drugs worth �1.5m seized following Hatfield raid
MORE than �1.5m worth of cannabis was seized and 12 men charged following a raid in Hatfield. A four-bedroom house in Northdown Road was stormed as part of Operation Pedal targeting drug trafficking within the county. The search took place
MORE than �1.5m worth of cannabis was seized and 12 men charged following a raid in Hatfield.
A four-bedroom house in Northdown Road was stormed as part of Operation Pedal targeting drug trafficking within the county.
The search took place in January. The WHT did not report details while Herts police's serious and organised crime group carried out further investigations.
At the time, Herts police stopped a car heading into the county and arrested the driver.
You may also want to watch:
Officers allegedly found a large quantity of cannabis within the vehicle.
Simultaneously two search warrants were executed in an industrial unit in Milton Keynes and at the Northdown Road home.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
A police spokeswoman told the WHT: "These premises contained what police believed to be fully functioning cannabis farms containing plants of the high potency 'skunk' variety.
"Other search warrants executed that day and on subsequent days over the following weeks resulted in the arrest of various persons for drug trafficking offences and further significant seizures."
A further smaller scale suspected cannabis farm was discovered in Milton Keynes and drugs seized from a house in Hitchin.
She confirmed the seized drugs had an estimated street value of more than �1.5m.
The charged men from Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire, are due to appear before magistrates next month.