Drugs raids across Welwyn Hatfield
POLICE officers broke down doors at homes in both WGC and Hatfield this morning, in a bid to disrupt drug dealers.
The Welwyn Hatfield Times was given exclusive access to the raids, in which around 50 officers took part.
The message from Welwyn Hatfield inspector Ian Grout was: “We will bang down doors on a regular basis until we get rid of the drug dealers in WGC and Hatfield.
“North London drug dealers have tried to settle in WGC and more recently, in Hatfield.
“We want to make sure they are not welcome. Today is about disruption and making Welwyn Hatfield a safer place for local residents.”
You may also want to watch:
Eight people were arrested, 70 wraps, believed to be Class A drugs, with a street value of around �1,500, and cash, were seized.
Five people were arrested in Clarkson Court on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
They are all men, two aged 19 and three aged 20, all from North London. They are currently in police custody.
A 17-year-old man from North London was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs at Northway, WGC.
And a 36-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of allowing her premises to be used for the supply of drugs.
A 37-year-old man from WGC was arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis at Hollybush House.
A cannabis warning was issued to a man in Ludwick Way.
The addresses raided were Ludwick Way, Ley Walk, Lincoln Close, Hollybush House, Widford Road, Guinness House and Northway, all in WGC and Eagle Way and Clarkson Court in Hatfield.