Drug dealer jailed for six years
A DRUG peddler who took his two-year-old son along to a service station cocaine deal has been jailed.
Daniel Lamb was about to hand over two wraps of the Class A drug at South Mimms Services when he was collared by police officers who spotted that his VW Golf had no tax disc.
A search of the vehicle uncovered 313 grammes of cocaine and �1,700 cash.
At Luton Crown Court today (Wednesday), Lamb, of Newport Pagnell Road, Northampton, admitted possessing drugs with intent to supply.
The 31-year-old was caged for six years.
You may also want to watch:
During the hearing, it emerged that Lamb had been released from his last prison sentence for an identical offence in June.
In mitigation, Steven Garrett said that when his client was released he wanted to get away from Northampton, but still had old debts to drug dealers to repay.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 4 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 5 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 6 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 8 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 9 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
Mr Garrett said: “They set a timetable for repayment which he could not meet and they made him an offer he could barely refuse, which was to deliver a package and wipe �1,000 off his debt.
“It was while carrying out that single transaction that he was arrested.”
Judge John Bevan QC told Lamb: “You have a very bad criminal record and within six months of being released from prison you are spreading the menace of Class A drugs once more.
“To do it with your two-year-old son as a passenger is a pretty unattractive aspect of the case.”