Driver trapped after tree collision
A DRIVER was trapped in his van and suffered leg injuries after crashing into a tree.
The 23-year-old had to be cut from the wreckage of the flat-bed van after the collision at 6.51am today (Tuesday), in Tylers Causeway, off Newgate Street.
Firefighters from Potters Bar and Hatfield attended and crews told the WHT that it was “a difficult extrication” because of how the van was positioned.
East of England Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “The man, who we believe to be 23 years old, sustained a serious leg injury.
“Paramedics worked closely with the fire service to treat, stabilise and immobilise his injured leg before he was conveyed to Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield.”
You may also want to watch:
Police closed the road to deal with the incident and allow the stricken Nissan Cabstar to be recovered.
The road closures were lifted at 9.10am.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 8 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust