Driver trapped after tree collision
A DRIVER was trapped in his van and suffered leg injuries after crashing into a tree.
The 23-year-old had to be cut from the wreckage of the flat-bed van after the collision at 6.51am today (Tuesday), in Tylers Causeway, off Newgate Street.
Firefighters from Potters Bar and Hatfield attended and crews told the WHT that it was “a difficult extrication” because of how the van was positioned.
East of England Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “The man, who we believe to be 23 years old, sustained a serious leg injury.
“Paramedics worked closely with the fire service to treat, stabilise and immobilise his injured leg before he was conveyed to Chase Farm Hospital in Enfield.”
You may also want to watch:
Police closed the road to deal with the incident and allow the stricken Nissan Cabstar to be recovered.
The road closures were lifted at 9.10am.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure