Dream birthday for Potters Bar sailor
MOST 18-year-old lads spend their milestone birthday having a few beers.
Sailing superkid Michael Perham is spending his 18th birthday today (Tuesday) celebrating this week’s release of his first book: Mike Perham Sailing The Dream.
The Potters Bar prodigy became the youngest person to sail solo around the world in August.
Now his book tells the story of Michael’s 30,000-mile voyage, a nine-month odyssey during which he battled against 50ft waves, howling gales, a near capsize and plenty of technical problems with his yacht.
Michael, of Oakroyd Avenue, told the WHT he thoroughly enjoyed working on the book, released on Thursday, with an editor.
You may also want to watch:
Read his interview in tomorrow’s Potters Bar Edition.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder