Dream birthday for Potters Bar sailor
MOST 18-year-old lads spend their milestone birthday having a few beers.
Sailing superkid Michael Perham is spending his 18th birthday today (Tuesday) celebrating this week’s release of his first book: Mike Perham Sailing The Dream.
The Potters Bar prodigy became the youngest person to sail solo around the world in August.
Now his book tells the story of Michael’s 30,000-mile voyage, a nine-month odyssey during which he battled against 50ft waves, howling gales, a near capsize and plenty of technical problems with his yacht.
Michael, of Oakroyd Avenue, told the WHT he thoroughly enjoyed working on the book, released on Thursday, with an editor.
You may also want to watch:
Read his interview in tomorrow’s Potters Bar Edition.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn