Dream birthday for Potters Bar sailor
MOST 18-year-old lads spend their milestone birthday having a few beers.
Sailing superkid Michael Perham is spending his 18th birthday today (Tuesday) celebrating this week’s release of his first book: Mike Perham Sailing The Dream.
The Potters Bar prodigy became the youngest person to sail solo around the world in August.
Now his book tells the story of Michael’s 30,000-mile voyage, a nine-month odyssey during which he battled against 50ft waves, howling gales, a near capsize and plenty of technical problems with his yacht.
Michael, of Oakroyd Avenue, told the WHT he thoroughly enjoyed working on the book, released on Thursday, with an editor.
Read his interview in tomorrow’s Potters Bar Edition.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 Hatfield mobile network improvements set to cause TV interference
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 6 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 7 Mountain bike stolen from Welwyn Garden City shed
- 8 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Christmas baubles adorn postbox toppers in Hertford crafters' festive yarnbombing event
- 10 Welwyn Garden City BID renewed and funding secured following ballot