‘Dramatic’ fire destroys home
A VILLAGE home was left gutted after a dramatic blaze took hold.
Firefighters from Potters Bar, Hatfield, Cheshunt and Stevenage raced to the semi-detached house in Kingsmead, Cuffley, as it went up in flames at around 11.40pm on Friday.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing smoke from some considerable distance away along The Ridgeway.
One Kingsmead resident, Jenifer Hurlock, also told how dozens of people poured out from the nearby Plough pub to see what was happening.
“The house is extremely damaged,” she said. “The whole roof is gutted.”
You may also want to watch:
She added the owners of the house had been away at the time of the fire and they had this week moved out due to the damage.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said the “dramatic” blaze had caused 100 per cent severe damage to the roof and first floor of the property.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Nobody was injured in the blaze.