‘Dramatic’ fire destroys home
A VILLAGE home was left gutted after a dramatic blaze took hold.
Firefighters from Potters Bar, Hatfield, Cheshunt and Stevenage raced to the semi-detached house in Kingsmead, Cuffley, as it went up in flames at around 11.40pm on Friday.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing smoke from some considerable distance away along The Ridgeway.
One Kingsmead resident, Jenifer Hurlock, also told how dozens of people poured out from the nearby Plough pub to see what was happening.
“The house is extremely damaged,” she said. “The whole roof is gutted.”
You may also want to watch:
She added the owners of the house had been away at the time of the fire and they had this week moved out due to the damage.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said the “dramatic” blaze had caused 100 per cent severe damage to the roof and first floor of the property.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
Nobody was injured in the blaze.