Dragons’ Den star’s Hertfordshire golf day
FANCY playing golf with one of Britain’s greatest ever boxers, a former England cricketer and a Dragon?
Well now you can, as a list of celebrities join Dragons’ Den TV star Peter Jones for his annual charity Enterprise Golf Challenge, which this year is being held at Brocket Hall.
The event, on Tuesday, May 24, will feature 22 teams of four, so far including retired boxing super middleweight champ Joe Calzaghe and former fast bowling sensation Darren Gough.
Each team is �2,000 plus VAT, with funds being raised for The Peter Jones Foundation, which provides a means of support and funding for children in the UK.
A spokeswoman for the charity said: “Peter’s belief is that all children deserve children deserve a brighter future.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether it is because they fall outside of the huge network of support, charitable and otherwise, or whether from an opportunity to benefit from an enterprising in order to change their lives forever, the foundation aims to support them with passion and dedication.”
The day at the Lemsford stately home starts with a 10am breakfast followed by a shotgun start, Champagne reception, prizegiving three-course dinner and a charity auction.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Paedophile jailed for historic child sex offences
To book your team places email firstname.lastname@example.org