Double win for S&B
TWO members of S&B Commercials sales team won coveted awards. David Gibson and Mark Robinson, who work at the Welham Green Mercedes-Benz truck and van dealer both had reasons to celebrate. Mr Gibson, who overcame counterparts from 21 other franchised dea
TWO members of S&B Commercials' sales team won coveted awards.
David Gibson and Mark Robinson, who work at the Welham Green Mercedes-Benz truck and van dealer both had reasons to celebrate.
Mr Gibson, who overcame counterparts from 21 other franchised dealerships to land the Mercedes-Benz Truck Sales Manager of the Year trophy for the third time, said: "The fact that the team is now up to full strength played a big part in our success last year."
He joined S&B, in Travellers Close, from another Mercedes dealer in 2003.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gibson, who previously won the award in 1995 and 2005, added: "We also managed our stock vehicles very well, which meant we never lost a deal because we couldn't supply the truck and sold three times more 18 and 26-tonne Mercedes Axor than we did in the previous year, largely because we targeted the construction sector very aggressively."
Van sales executive Mr Robinson, who joined the firm nearly three years ago, was the only individual to win two awards - Retail Sprinter Chassis Cab Seller of the Year and Service Package Sales Executive of the Year.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 6 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
He said: "I landed two or three really good accounts last year.
"But there's no great secret to my success.
"You just have to be persistent in this game, keep door knocking, keep submitting quotes and don't give up.
"That's my advice to anyone who wants to make it in sales.