Dog mauled to death in Hatfield
A WOMEN’S pet dog was killed after being mauled while out on a walk.
Toffee, a three year old Yorkshire terrier/Jack Russell cross, was attacked by a Staffordshire bull terrier and a Rottweiler while out walking in Stockbreach Close, Hatfield, on Thursday.
Three-year-old Toffee suffered collapsed lungs and severe injuries to his abdomen, and with little chance of survival, he was put down.
It has left owner Mary Montgomery, 57, devastated.
The attack happened at 6.45pm, and police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Dog liaison officer Pc Adel Bosowitz said: “Unfortunately Toffee had to be put to sleep after the incident and understandably the owner is devastated – she lives alone and only had Toffee as company.”
“I’d appeal for anyone who was in the Stockbreach Close area on Thursday to speak to us – we need to find out exactly what happened.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
“Perhaps you witnessed the two dogs before the attack or saw what happened? Are you aware of any similar incidents previously?”
Call Pc Bosowitz on 01707 806470 or 0845 33 00 222 with any information.