Dog mauled to death in Hatfield
A WOMEN’S pet dog was killed after being mauled while out on a walk.
Toffee, a three year old Yorkshire terrier/Jack Russell cross, was attacked by a Staffordshire bull terrier and a Rottweiler while out walking in Stockbreach Close, Hatfield, on Thursday.
Three-year-old Toffee suffered collapsed lungs and severe injuries to his abdomen, and with little chance of survival, he was put down.
It has left owner Mary Montgomery, 57, devastated.
The attack happened at 6.45pm, and police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Dog liaison officer Pc Adel Bosowitz said: “Unfortunately Toffee had to be put to sleep after the incident and understandably the owner is devastated – she lives alone and only had Toffee as company.”
“I’d appeal for anyone who was in the Stockbreach Close area on Thursday to speak to us – we need to find out exactly what happened.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
“Perhaps you witnessed the two dogs before the attack or saw what happened? Are you aware of any similar incidents previously?”
Call Pc Bosowitz on 01707 806470 or 0845 33 00 222 with any information.