‘Distinctive’ Hatfield robbers sought by police
A PAIR of “distinctive” men are being hunted by police following two muggings in Hatfield.
The two black men, one with a mole on his face and one with dreadlocks, are suspected of committing two robberies in the last two weeks.
The first mugging took place at around 9.50pm on Wednesday, November 4. Two 18-year-old men were sat at a bus stop in Cavendish Way, when they were approached by the suspects.
They threatened the victims and stole cash, two mobile phones and an iPod Nano.
A second robbery took place at around 7pm on Wednesday this week in The Broadway.
You may also want to watch:
A 29-year-old man was again approached by two men who demanded money and his phone. He handed over a Blackberry phone and the two men walked off towards Salisbury Square.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to come forward.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
The first suspect is described by police as a light-skinned black man aged between 16 to 22 with a large mole on his face and freckles on his cheeks.
The second suspect is described as black, aged between 16 and 22, with dreadlocked hair.
Detective constable Glen Turrell-Oldacre said: “We are appealing to anyone who might recognise this very distinctive description of these two suspects.”
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with any information.