Riding charity holds online art and photography competition
- Credit: Digswell Place Group Riding for the Disabled Association.
Amateur artists and photographers submitted creative works based on the theme of horses, pets and wildlife to raise funds for a small Welwyn Garden City charity.
Digswell Place Group Riding for the Disabled Association, which offers riding sessions for both disabled adults and children, relies on donations and fundraising to keep the stables up and running.
During the pandemic lockdown they ran an online art and photography competition to raise funds and encourage people to get creative, sponsored by Odyssey Health Club and Spa in Knebworth, Mather Marshall of Knebworth, Peter Hoskins Photography, Art Van Go Knebworth and winner of the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the year, Andrew Pledge.
Prizes included art materials, memberships to Odyssey Health Club and Spa, signed limited edition prints by artist Andrew Pledge and vouchers.
The winners were: age 3-6 Isabella Grover; age 7-10 Emily Norris (art) and Isabella Goodwin (photography); age 11-13 Holly Philpot (art) Olivia Kochanowska (photography); age 14-17 Monica Atherton (art) Poppy Burton (photography); and 18+ Clare Tomlinson (art) and Jess Castle (photography).
You may also want to watch:
Some of the winners came up to the stables to receive prizes and to meet the horses.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank