Did your balloon travel from Welwyn Garden City to France?
TRAVELLING 388 miles by car, boat or train is some way to go for the average person. For a balloon to travel the same distance and still be inflated is staggering to say the least. Well, that is exactly what has happened for a 50th birthday balloon that
TRAVELLING 388 miles by car, boat or train is some way to go for the average person.
For a balloon to travel the same distance and still be inflated is staggering to say the least.
Well, that is exactly what has happened for a 50th birthday balloon that took off from WGC and landed in Censerey, in France!
The yellow balloon was found with a note inside bearing the message 'happy 50th birthday Chris xx Charlotte in WGC'.
You may also want to watch:
Anne-Marie and Hans Kaper stumbled across the balloon on February 23.
After having trouble finding out what the Garden City's abbreviation meant, they finally managed to contact Welwyn Hatfield Council on Thursday .
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
A council spokesman said: "It's amazing that the balloon has travelled so far, someone's birthday wish made it a long way.
"Welwyn Hatfield Council really hopes this brings a smile to whoever sent it and its recipient."
*Are you Charlotte or Chris? Get in touch as we would love to hear your story!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our newsdesk on 01707 327551.