Did your balloon travel from Welwyn Garden City to France?
TRAVELLING 388 miles by car, boat or train is some way to go for the average person. For a balloon to travel the same distance and still be inflated is staggering to say the least. Well, that is exactly what has happened for a 50th birthday balloon that
TRAVELLING 388 miles by car, boat or train is some way to go for the average person.
For a balloon to travel the same distance and still be inflated is staggering to say the least.
Well, that is exactly what has happened for a 50th birthday balloon that took off from WGC and landed in Censerey, in France!
The yellow balloon was found with a note inside bearing the message 'happy 50th birthday Chris xx Charlotte in WGC'.
You may also want to watch:
Anne-Marie and Hans Kaper stumbled across the balloon on February 23.
After having trouble finding out what the Garden City's abbreviation meant, they finally managed to contact Welwyn Hatfield Council on Thursday .
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 9 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 10 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
A council spokesman said: "It's amazing that the balloon has travelled so far, someone's birthday wish made it a long way.
"Welwyn Hatfield Council really hopes this brings a smile to whoever sent it and its recipient."
*Are you Charlotte or Chris? Get in touch as we would love to hear your story!
Email email@example.com or call our newsdesk on 01707 327551.