Did your balloon travel from Welwyn Garden City to France?
TRAVELLING 388 miles by car, boat or train is some way to go for the average person. For a balloon to travel the same distance and still be inflated is staggering to say the least. Well, that is exactly what has happened for a 50th birthday balloon that
TRAVELLING 388 miles by car, boat or train is some way to go for the average person.
For a balloon to travel the same distance and still be inflated is staggering to say the least.
Well, that is exactly what has happened for a 50th birthday balloon that took off from WGC and landed in Censerey, in France!
The yellow balloon was found with a note inside bearing the message 'happy 50th birthday Chris xx Charlotte in WGC'.
You may also want to watch:
Anne-Marie and Hans Kaper stumbled across the balloon on February 23.
After having trouble finding out what the Garden City's abbreviation meant, they finally managed to contact Welwyn Hatfield Council on Thursday .
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 9 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
A council spokesman said: "It's amazing that the balloon has travelled so far, someone's birthday wish made it a long way.
"Welwyn Hatfield Council really hopes this brings a smile to whoever sent it and its recipient."
*Are you Charlotte or Chris? Get in touch as we would love to hear your story!
Email email@example.com or call our newsdesk on 01707 327551.