Did you see man who stopped Hatfield Tesco thief?
A MAN who challenged a would-be-thief after he tried to steal his cash card is being asked to come forward by police. On Tuesday, July 7, the man was withdrawing cash from a machine outside Tesco in Hatfield at 1.25pm, when another man tried to d
A MAN who challenged a would-be-thief after he tried to steal his cash card is being asked to come forward by police.
On Tuesday, July 7, the man was withdrawing cash from a machine outside Tesco in Hatfield at 1.25pm, when another man tried to distract him and steal his card.
The elderly man challenged the suspect, who made-off empty handed.
Police are now trying to contact the elderly man, in the hope he can help find the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
PC Glenn Cook: "We would like to speak to this man who was with a woman and small child as he may be able to help us identify the man and tell us more about what happened."
The offender is described as a black man wearing a baseball cap and light grey and black Nike tracksuit top and jeans.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 01707 806951.