Did you see man who stopped Hatfield Tesco thief?
A MAN who challenged a would-be-thief after he tried to steal his cash card is being asked to come forward by police. On Tuesday, July 7, the man was withdrawing cash from a machine outside Tesco in Hatfield at 1.25pm, when another man tried to d
A MAN who challenged a would-be-thief after he tried to steal his cash card is being asked to come forward by police.
On Tuesday, July 7, the man was withdrawing cash from a machine outside Tesco in Hatfield at 1.25pm, when another man tried to distract him and steal his card.
The elderly man challenged the suspect, who made-off empty handed.
Police are now trying to contact the elderly man, in the hope he can help find the suspect.
You may also want to watch:
PC Glenn Cook: "We would like to speak to this man who was with a woman and small child as he may be able to help us identify the man and tell us more about what happened."
The offender is described as a black man wearing a baseball cap and light grey and black Nike tracksuit top and jeans.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 01707 806951.