World-leading Welham Green company celebrates Queen’s Award success
- Credit: Nicola Sanders Photography
A world-leading designer and manufacturer of test equipment for fire detection systems is celebrating winning a Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade for a third time.
Detectortesters have been honoured for their innovative and pioneering products, which are keeping buildings and people safe in more than 140 different countries.
Having previously been honoured with a Queen’s Award for International Trade in 2003 and a Queen’s Award for Innovation in 2014, the Welham Green-based company were recognised for their latest award in a ceremony with the Lord Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Robert Voss, and the Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Welwyn Hatfield, Peter Hebden and Barbara Fitzsimon.
Prior to the presentation ceremony, guests took a tour of the company’s site before joining employees for the ceremony and a celebratory afternoon tea.
“It’s a tremendous feeling for the company to have been honoured in this way. To have now received such recognition three times is extremely special,” said managing director, Robert Campbell.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning our first award was a great achievement, but the second, and now third award proves our commitment to what we do and acknowledges the efforts of everyone involved in the business.”
Sales and marketing director, Philip Bartlam was keen to thank Detectortesters’ clients, saying: “I would like to thank our customers and partners for the significant role they have played in this award.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
“We are nothing without our customers and we are lucky to have a loyal, global customer base who believe in us and challenge us to deliver the tools they need to ensure fire safety standards are developed and maintained.”
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are the most prestigious business awards in the UK, with more than 7,000 companies having won an award since it was first established in 1965.
The awards celebrate the success of exciting and innovative businesses which are leading the way with pioneering products or services, with 205 won this year alone.
To find out more about Detectortesters, visit www.detectortesters.com.