Delivery firm step up security with new “VanCam”
A WELHAM Green-based delivery firm is warning would-be thieves to think twice before trying to pinch goods from the company’s vans.
City Link, which has a depot in Travellers Lane, is fitting security cameras to its vans, to deter would-be criminals and offer greater protection to both drivers and customers.
Each van has been fitted with four “VanCams”: two focused on the van doors, one internally in the freight hold area, and one in the driver’s cab, all continuously monitoring collections and deliveries.
The cameras can stream images live to City Link’s central control room and all images will be recorded if they need to be examined later.
Russell Mannix, City Link’s head of security, said: “We want to provide as much accountability as we can to our customers and the VanCam will certainly help us do that.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a big commitment for the business – it will be a significant investment across the whole fleet that will help us reduce loss and improve the service we offer to our customers.
“VanCam will also be an extremely effective preventative measure against attacks on drivers and vehicles, or vehicles being stolen.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank