Delivery firm step up security with new “VanCam”
A WELHAM Green-based delivery firm is warning would-be thieves to think twice before trying to pinch goods from the company’s vans.
City Link, which has a depot in Travellers Lane, is fitting security cameras to its vans, to deter would-be criminals and offer greater protection to both drivers and customers.
Each van has been fitted with four “VanCams”: two focused on the van doors, one internally in the freight hold area, and one in the driver’s cab, all continuously monitoring collections and deliveries.
The cameras can stream images live to City Link’s central control room and all images will be recorded if they need to be examined later.
Russell Mannix, City Link’s head of security, said: “We want to provide as much accountability as we can to our customers and the VanCam will certainly help us do that.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a big commitment for the business – it will be a significant investment across the whole fleet that will help us reduce loss and improve the service we offer to our customers.
“VanCam will also be an extremely effective preventative measure against attacks on drivers and vehicles, or vehicles being stolen.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity