Defence opens in headless traveller murder trial
A MAN accused of killing Northaw traveller John Finney played 'no part' in his abduction and murder, a court has heard. Wearing a blue shirt, striped tie and suit, Joseph Jones appeared in the dock at St Albans Crown Court this morning (Monday) to give hi
A MAN accused of killing Northaw traveller John Finney played "no part" in his abduction and murder, a court has heard.
Wearing a blue shirt, striped tie and suit, Joseph Jones appeared in the dock at St Albans Crown Court this morning (Monday) to give his evidence.
Michael Wolkind QC, for the defence, asked: "The killing of John Finney, what part did you play in that?"
"None at all," he replied.
You may also want to watch:
Joseph Jones admitted making money by selling cannabis, and told the court he was in Stevenage collecting drugs on the night of Mr Finney's abduction, February 29 last year.
The naked, headless and handless body of Mr Finney, 42, was found behind a garage block in Ickleford, near Hitchin, on March 14 last year.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Joseph Jones, 24, of Harlech Road, New Barnet is one of four defendants in the murder trial.
Also accused are his father Norman Jones, 50, of Princess Park Manor, New Barnet; Mark Curran, 35, of Audley Close, Muswell Hill; and Gary Mark Lattimore, 40, of Little Heath Road, Bexleyheath.
They all deny murder.
The case continues.