Defence opens in headless traveller murder trial
A MAN accused of killing Northaw traveller John Finney played 'no part' in his abduction and murder, a court has heard. Wearing a blue shirt, striped tie and suit, Joseph Jones appeared in the dock at St Albans Crown Court this morning (Monday) to give hi
A MAN accused of killing Northaw traveller John Finney played "no part" in his abduction and murder, a court has heard.
Wearing a blue shirt, striped tie and suit, Joseph Jones appeared in the dock at St Albans Crown Court this morning (Monday) to give his evidence.
Michael Wolkind QC, for the defence, asked: "The killing of John Finney, what part did you play in that?"
"None at all," he replied.
You may also want to watch:
Joseph Jones admitted making money by selling cannabis, and told the court he was in Stevenage collecting drugs on the night of Mr Finney's abduction, February 29 last year.
The naked, headless and handless body of Mr Finney, 42, was found behind a garage block in Ickleford, near Hitchin, on March 14 last year.
- 1 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 6 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 7 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 8 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 9 Poll results announced for winning Classic Ibiza tracks to be added to Hatfield concert set
- 10 Hertford Theatre prepares for reopening and then closing ahead of £19.9m redevelopment project
Joseph Jones, 24, of Harlech Road, New Barnet is one of four defendants in the murder trial.
Also accused are his father Norman Jones, 50, of Princess Park Manor, New Barnet; Mark Curran, 35, of Audley Close, Muswell Hill; and Gary Mark Lattimore, 40, of Little Heath Road, Bexleyheath.
They all deny murder.
The case continues.