Dead horse dumped in road
A MUM and daughter were left horrified after witnessing a dead horse being dumped off the back of a truck and left in the middle of a road on Monday.
A woman from Times Territory said she and her 14-year-old daughter saw the animal being “flytipped” from a yellow tipper truck as they drove down Bradmore Lane in Brookmans Park.
“I slowed down to let the vehicle, which was approaching me, get past as it’s a narrow road,” she said. “The vehicle had its tipper up and the next we saw was a horse laying dead with its legs in the air. My daughter was traumatised. It was horrible.”
The vehicle is described as having an R registration plate.
The woman added: “Flytipping is an issue in this area it always seems to be happening.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said officers attended the scene at about 9pm.
RSPCA inspector Martin Rivett, said: “We are aware of this incident, and we will be looking into this and making local enquiries.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
Contact them on 0300 1234 999.