Dead horse dumped in road
A MUM and daughter were left horrified after witnessing a dead horse being dumped off the back of a truck and left in the middle of a road on Monday.
A woman from Times Territory said she and her 14-year-old daughter saw the animal being “flytipped” from a yellow tipper truck as they drove down Bradmore Lane in Brookmans Park.
“I slowed down to let the vehicle, which was approaching me, get past as it’s a narrow road,” she said. “The vehicle had its tipper up and the next we saw was a horse laying dead with its legs in the air. My daughter was traumatised. It was horrible.”
The vehicle is described as having an R registration plate.
The woman added: “Flytipping is an issue in this area it always seems to be happening.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said officers attended the scene at about 9pm.
RSPCA inspector Martin Rivett, said: “We are aware of this incident, and we will be looking into this and making local enquiries.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 7 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Contact them on 0300 1234 999.