Dead horse dumped in road
A MUM and daughter were left horrified after witnessing a dead horse being dumped off the back of a truck and left in the middle of a road on Monday.
A woman from Times Territory said she and her 14-year-old daughter saw the animal being “flytipped” from a yellow tipper truck as they drove down Bradmore Lane in Brookmans Park.
“I slowed down to let the vehicle, which was approaching me, get past as it’s a narrow road,” she said. “The vehicle had its tipper up and the next we saw was a horse laying dead with its legs in the air. My daughter was traumatised. It was horrible.”
The vehicle is described as having an R registration plate.
The woman added: “Flytipping is an issue in this area it always seems to be happening.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said officers attended the scene at about 9pm.
RSPCA inspector Martin Rivett, said: “We are aware of this incident, and we will be looking into this and making local enquiries.”
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 7 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Contact them on 0300 1234 999.