David Beckham birthday treat for Welwyn Garden City boy
YOUNG Curtis Whitelegg got more of a birthday surprise than he bargained for.
As the 10-year-old WGC lad and his brother ended up having their picture taken with England soccer legend David Beckham.
Dad Chris, a golf pro, said: “We took Curtis on a 10th birthday treat to Hemel Hempstead Snow Centre where he saw Santa and then went on the short slope with his brother Flynn on the rubber ringos.
“To our suprise David Beckham was right next to us taking pictures of his boys on the same ringos.
“My wife, Theresa, was so excited she pleaded with me to get his picture with Curtis and Flynn.
You may also want to watch:
“All I can say was he was a genuinely nice guy and gladly posed for a snap.
“He was naturally friendly and obliging.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
“The kids were thrilled.”
Both Curtis and Flynn, six, go to Panshanger Primary School, WGC.
The services of former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder Beckham are currently being sought by a number of Premier League clubs, in a loan deal ahead of LA Galaxy’s upcoming Major League Soccer season, which starts in March.
Tottenham are in pole position to secure Beckham’s services.