David Beckham birthday treat for Welwyn Garden City boy
YOUNG Curtis Whitelegg got more of a birthday surprise than he bargained for.
As the 10-year-old WGC lad and his brother ended up having their picture taken with England soccer legend David Beckham.
Dad Chris, a golf pro, said: “We took Curtis on a 10th birthday treat to Hemel Hempstead Snow Centre where he saw Santa and then went on the short slope with his brother Flynn on the rubber ringos.
“To our suprise David Beckham was right next to us taking pictures of his boys on the same ringos.
“My wife, Theresa, was so excited she pleaded with me to get his picture with Curtis and Flynn.
You may also want to watch:
“All I can say was he was a genuinely nice guy and gladly posed for a snap.
“He was naturally friendly and obliging.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 2 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 6 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
“The kids were thrilled.”
Both Curtis and Flynn, six, go to Panshanger Primary School, WGC.
The services of former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder Beckham are currently being sought by a number of Premier League clubs, in a loan deal ahead of LA Galaxy’s upcoming Major League Soccer season, which starts in March.
Tottenham are in pole position to secure Beckham’s services.