Date set for re-opening of Welwyn blaze pub
THE countdown has begun!
For the re-opening of The Wellington pub in High Street, Welwyn, has been scheduled for May 16.
Closed since last June, when it was gutted by fire caused by an electrical fault, the 14th century pub and restaurant is currently undergoing extensive restoration works.
Owner Chris Gerard has now erected a massive ‘countdown banner’ on the front of the building to let villagers know just how many days are left for the re-opening of the pub.
He said: “I can confirm the target opening date for The Wellington is May 16 this year.
You may also want to watch:
“Interior refurbishment is coming on well and things are currently on track.”
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone