Date set for re-opening of Welwyn blaze pub
THE countdown has begun!
For the re-opening of The Wellington pub in High Street, Welwyn, has been scheduled for May 16.
Closed since last June, when it was gutted by fire caused by an electrical fault, the 14th century pub and restaurant is currently undergoing extensive restoration works.
Owner Chris Gerard has now erected a massive ‘countdown banner’ on the front of the building to let villagers know just how many days are left for the re-opening of the pub.
He said: “I can confirm the target opening date for The Wellington is May 16 this year.
You may also want to watch:
“Interior refurbishment is coming on well and things are currently on track.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street