Datchworth fete packs a Punch (and Judy)
THOUSANDS revelled in the sunshine for what turned out to be the biggest ever Datchworth village fete.
With a series of new events such as a dog show and the attraction of the World Cup being shown at the sports club, the day went down a storm and around �7,000 is to be donated to the village kitty.
Annie Dexter, chairman of the Datchworth Village Fete Committee, said: “It was a fabulous day, the biggest ever!
“We took �13,000 net but by the time costs and everything else is taken out it’s about �3,500 to both the village hall and the church.
“Every year we are keen to focus on keeping it traditional and this year was no different.
You may also want to watch:
“The Punch and Judy show went down especially well with the children and I think the new dog show with prizes for the dog with the loudest bark, best dressed and waggiest tail was also great.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week