Datchworth fete packs a Punch (and Judy)
THOUSANDS revelled in the sunshine for what turned out to be the biggest ever Datchworth village fete.
With a series of new events such as a dog show and the attraction of the World Cup being shown at the sports club, the day went down a storm and around �7,000 is to be donated to the village kitty.
Annie Dexter, chairman of the Datchworth Village Fete Committee, said: “It was a fabulous day, the biggest ever!
“We took �13,000 net but by the time costs and everything else is taken out it’s about �3,500 to both the village hall and the church.
“Every year we are keen to focus on keeping it traditional and this year was no different.
You may also want to watch:
“The Punch and Judy show went down especially well with the children and I think the new dog show with prizes for the dog with the loudest bark, best dressed and waggiest tail was also great.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement