Datchworth fete packs a Punch (and Judy)
THOUSANDS revelled in the sunshine for what turned out to be the biggest ever Datchworth village fete.
With a series of new events such as a dog show and the attraction of the World Cup being shown at the sports club, the day went down a storm and around �7,000 is to be donated to the village kitty.
Annie Dexter, chairman of the Datchworth Village Fete Committee, said: “It was a fabulous day, the biggest ever!
“We took �13,000 net but by the time costs and everything else is taken out it’s about �3,500 to both the village hall and the church.
“Every year we are keen to focus on keeping it traditional and this year was no different.
You may also want to watch:
“The Punch and Judy show went down especially well with the children and I think the new dog show with prizes for the dog with the loudest bark, best dressed and waggiest tail was also great.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses