‘Dangerous dog’ Tootsie goes missing in Welwyn Garden City
HER name is Tootsie and, judging by this photograph at least, she seems a fairly happy mutt.
But don’t be fooled by appearances – as police are warning this dog may be dangerous.
Tootsie had been seized under the Dangerous Dogs Act from her owners in Borehamwood on Tuesday.
But, as she was being taken to kennels in WGC to have her breed confirmed by experts, Tootsie made a break for it.
She somehow jumped over a 6ft-high fence and disappeared into the Garden City wilderness.
You may also want to watch:
But while officers continue to hunt for the canine fugitive, a police spokesman reassured residents not to panic.
Inspector Steve Mann, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Dog Unit, said: “Although Tootsie was seized under the Dangerous Dogs Act we had taken her to kennels where her exact breed was to be established.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
“We do not want to worry members of the public at this time, but if they see the dog we would urge them to contact police immediately on 0845 33 00 222.
“There is no reason to suspect that Tootsie is any danger to members of the public, I am primarily concerned for the dog’s welfare.”