Cyclists wanted by charity
AN annual sponsored cycle rally is looking for more riders to join in the fun to help raise cash for a WGC-based charity.
The event is the biggest fundraiser for The Mixed Group – a charity which provides a Christmas day lunch for the elderly and lonely people of Welwyn Hatfield.
But this year organisers are hoping many more people will join in and those who have cycled before are asked to bring along a friend too.
The WHT will be jumping on board with senior reporter Chris Richards taking part in the challenge, on Sunday, September 12.
There is a new route this year, using cycle paths between WGC and Hertford, and for those so inclined there are still a few pubs enroute.
You may also want to watch:
To take part or for more information contact Sean Cox on 01707 325278.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth