Cyclist injured in Hatfield hit and run
A MAN is being hunted by police after a hit and run smash in Hatfield. The driver of a blue Ford Transit van failed to stop at the scene of the crash – in which a cyclist was injured – in Wellfield Road, on Monday. Witnesses saw the van
A MAN is being hunted by police after a hit and run smash in Hatfield.
The driver of a blue Ford Transit van failed to stop at the scene of the crash - in which a cyclist was injured - in Wellfield Road, on Monday.
Witnesses saw the van, said to have a yellow light on the roof, drive off towards the town centre after the collision at around 12.35pm.
The cyclist, a 49-year-old man from Hatfield, sustained minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to the QE2 Hospital for treatment and released the same day.
Pc Chris Rowley said: "We are very keen to speak to the driver of the van or anyone who witnessed the collision take place."
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.