Cyclist injured in Hatfield hit and run
A MAN is being hunted by police after a hit and run smash in Hatfield. The driver of a blue Ford Transit van failed to stop at the scene of the crash – in which a cyclist was injured – in Wellfield Road, on Monday. Witnesses saw the van
A MAN is being hunted by police after a hit and run smash in Hatfield.
The driver of a blue Ford Transit van failed to stop at the scene of the crash - in which a cyclist was injured - in Wellfield Road, on Monday.
Witnesses saw the van, said to have a yellow light on the roof, drive off towards the town centre after the collision at around 12.35pm.
The cyclist, a 49-year-old man from Hatfield, sustained minor injuries.
He was taken to the QE2 Hospital for treatment and released the same day.
Pc Chris Rowley said: "We are very keen to speak to the driver of the van or anyone who witnessed the collision take place."
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 3 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
- 4 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 10 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.