Cyclist in ‘critical’ condition after crash near Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist was left in a critical condition after a collision with a car between Stevenage and Knebworth.
A man, in his 50s, was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after colliding with a white Mercedes Sprinter van on the B197 yesterday (Monday).
He suffered head and chest injuries in the crash, and police said he is in a critical but stable condition.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the collision on Stevenage Road at about 6pm.
The pair were both heading away from Stevenage and the driver of the van, a man in his 20s, was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Police have now launched an appeal for information.
Investigating officer PC Matthew Bill has called for anyone who saw the crash, or can help police unravel what happened, to get in touch with officers.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
If you can assist, call the Herts Police non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 480 of January 5.