Cyclist in ‘critical’ condition after crash near Knebworth
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist was left in a critical condition after a collision with a car between Stevenage and Knebworth.
A man, in his 50s, was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after colliding with a white Mercedes Sprinter van on the B197 yesterday (Monday).
He suffered head and chest injuries in the crash, and police said he is in a critical but stable condition.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the collision on Stevenage Road at about 6pm.
The pair were both heading away from Stevenage and the driver of the van, a man in his 20s, was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Police have now launched an appeal for information.
Investigating officer PC Matthew Bill has called for anyone who saw the crash, or can help police unravel what happened, to get in touch with officers.
- 1 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 2 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 10 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
If you can assist, call the Herts Police non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 480 of January 5.