Cyclist fighting for life after crash
A CYCLIST is fighting for his life in hospital after colliding with a car last night (Thursday).
The man was peddling southwards down the A1000 Great North Road near Ganwick Corner when he collided with a red Land Rover at the junction of Wagon Road shortly after 7.15pm.
The cyclist, a 53-year-old man from Barnet, was taken to Barnet General Hospital, before being transferred to a specialist neurology hospital in London.
He is in a serious condition.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Bob Hauxwell said: “I am appealing to anyone who was in the area and may have seen the cyclist before the collision took place to get in contact with police as soon as possible.”
“I would also be interested to speak to anyone who may have seen the Land Rover described in the area either before or after the collision.”
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* A 63-year-old man from Potters Bar has been arrested in connection with the accident.