Cyclist fighting for life after crash
A CYCLIST is fighting for his life in hospital after colliding with a car last night (Thursday).
The man was peddling southwards down the A1000 Great North Road near Ganwick Corner when he collided with a red Land Rover at the junction of Wagon Road shortly after 7.15pm.
The cyclist, a 53-year-old man from Barnet, was taken to Barnet General Hospital, before being transferred to a specialist neurology hospital in London.
He is in a serious condition.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Bob Hauxwell said: “I am appealing to anyone who was in the area and may have seen the cyclist before the collision took place to get in contact with police as soon as possible.”
“I would also be interested to speak to anyone who may have seen the Land Rover described in the area either before or after the collision.”
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* A 63-year-old man from Potters Bar has been arrested in connection with the accident.