Cyclist fighting for life after crash
A CYCLIST is fighting for his life in hospital after colliding with a car last night (Thursday).
The man was peddling southwards down the A1000 Great North Road near Ganwick Corner when he collided with a red Land Rover at the junction of Wagon Road shortly after 7.15pm.
The cyclist, a 53-year-old man from Barnet, was taken to Barnet General Hospital, before being transferred to a specialist neurology hospital in London.
He is in a serious condition.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Bob Hauxwell said: “I am appealing to anyone who was in the area and may have seen the cyclist before the collision took place to get in contact with police as soon as possible.”
“I would also be interested to speak to anyone who may have seen the Land Rover described in the area either before or after the collision.”
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* A 63-year-old man from Potters Bar has been arrested in connection with the accident.