Cyclist fighting for life after crash
A CYCLIST is fighting for his life in hospital after colliding with a car last night (Thursday).
The man was peddling southwards down the A1000 Great North Road near Ganwick Corner when he collided with a red Land Rover at the junction of Wagon Road shortly after 7.15pm.
The cyclist, a 53-year-old man from Barnet, was taken to Barnet General Hospital, before being transferred to a specialist neurology hospital in London.
He is in a serious condition.
Police are now appealing for witnesses and information.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Bob Hauxwell said: “I am appealing to anyone who was in the area and may have seen the cyclist before the collision took place to get in contact with police as soon as possible.”
“I would also be interested to speak to anyone who may have seen the Land Rover described in the area either before or after the collision.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.
* A 63-year-old man from Potters Bar has been arrested in connection with the accident.