Cyclist attacked by dog in Hatfield
A MAN was chased and attacked by a dog as he cycled along a road in Hatfield.
The 47-year-old told police the dog, which was not on a lead, bit him on the back of the legs.
Although he managed to ride off, he needed hospital treatment.
The dog is described as a large, dark brown Rottweiler cross.
Police have just released information about the attack on Tuesday, July 6, on Heathcote Avenue at around 9.15am.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Shaun Deal said: “This attack left the victim with bite injuries to the back of both legs.
“This could have been more significant if a child or more vulnerable person had been unfortunate enough to have encountered the animal and I am keen to prevent further incidents.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
Witnesses should call 0845 33 00 222.