Cyclist attacked by dog in Hatfield
A MAN was chased and attacked by a dog as he cycled along a road in Hatfield.
The 47-year-old told police the dog, which was not on a lead, bit him on the back of the legs.
Although he managed to ride off, he needed hospital treatment.
The dog is described as a large, dark brown Rottweiler cross.
Police have just released information about the attack on Tuesday, July 6, on Heathcote Avenue at around 9.15am.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Shaun Deal said: “This attack left the victim with bite injuries to the back of both legs.
“This could have been more significant if a child or more vulnerable person had been unfortunate enough to have encountered the animal and I am keen to prevent further incidents.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
Witnesses should call 0845 33 00 222.