Cyclist attacked by dog in Hatfield
A MAN was chased and attacked by a dog as he cycled along a road in Hatfield.
The 47-year-old told police the dog, which was not on a lead, bit him on the back of the legs.
Although he managed to ride off, he needed hospital treatment.
The dog is described as a large, dark brown Rottweiler cross.
Police have just released information about the attack on Tuesday, July 6, on Heathcote Avenue at around 9.15am.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Shaun Deal said: “This attack left the victim with bite injuries to the back of both legs.
“This could have been more significant if a child or more vulnerable person had been unfortunate enough to have encountered the animal and I am keen to prevent further incidents.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
Witnesses should call 0845 33 00 222.