Customers line up to buy new Apple iPhone in Welwyn Garden City
GADGET fans have been queuing all night to get their hands on the latest must-have mobile phone.
The new Apple iPhone 4 went on sale at 7am this morning (Thursday), promising better reception, an improved camera and video calling.
At the Howard Centre in WGC, people have been queuing since 4am outside the O2 store, in order to be first in line to get theirs.
A long line of iPhone fans snaked around the top floor of the shopping centre , and O2 staff walked round offering drinks, snacks and copies of the Welwyn Hatfield Times to patient customers.
Ben Somorin had been in line since 6am, and showed his devotion to the new gadget by saying: “If Jesus could make a phone, it would be this one.”
You may also want to watch:
And Jas Newington said: “It’s the best gadget in the world.”
An O2 spokeswoman said: “This is the biggest iPhone launch that we have seen to date. Queues outside O2 stores have been at least twice as long as previous years.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
“We’re looking after O2 customers who are queuing outside O2 stores with drinks, cakes and copies of the Welwyn Hatfield Times.”