Cuffley train robbery
IMAGES of two men police want to speak to about a train robbery have been just been released.
A teenage lad had his mobile phone taken in the intimidating attack which happened on board a train bound for Cuffley.
The mugging took place just before midnight on Tuesday, October 27 and police have today (Thursday) released these grainy CCTV images.
Detective constable Mark Sutherland said that the victims, a group of five teenage boys aged between 13 and 14-years-old, were travelling to Cuffley when they were approached by a group of older males.
He said: “At around midnight the victims were threatened by a group of around 10 older youths who demanded that they hand over their mobile phones. “The older youths then stole a phone off one of the teenagers before leaving the train.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “While the detail in the images isn’t perfect we have been able to isolate stills of two men we would like to speak with in connection with what happened.
“This was a very intimidating experience for the victims, who were left frightened and shaken by the incident. I would encourage anyone who has information to come forward.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
Anyone with any information about the robbery is asked to contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40.