Cuffley train robbery
IMAGES of two men police want to speak to about a train robbery have been just been released.
A teenage lad had his mobile phone taken in the intimidating attack which happened on board a train bound for Cuffley.
The mugging took place just before midnight on Tuesday, October 27 and police have today (Thursday) released these grainy CCTV images.
Detective constable Mark Sutherland said that the victims, a group of five teenage boys aged between 13 and 14-years-old, were travelling to Cuffley when they were approached by a group of older males.
He said: “At around midnight the victims were threatened by a group of around 10 older youths who demanded that they hand over their mobile phones. “The older youths then stole a phone off one of the teenagers before leaving the train.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “While the detail in the images isn’t perfect we have been able to isolate stills of two men we would like to speak with in connection with what happened.
“This was a very intimidating experience for the victims, who were left frightened and shaken by the incident. I would encourage anyone who has information to come forward.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
Anyone with any information about the robbery is asked to contact BTP on 0800 40 50 40.