Cuffley teenager wins stage singing contest
- Credit: Archant
A talented 15-year-old singer from Cuffley won a national singing contest by performing in front of judges on a West End stage.
Jaynie Awcock won the junior section of the West End Calling contest at The Ambassadors Theatre in London.
She fought her way to the final through two preliminary rounds before triumphing over her competitors.
Jaynie said: “It is a really good experience for anyone who, like me, loves to sing and act. If you don’t get through your first time you can always come back and try again. It is amazing to know industry professionals are watching you and giving you some guidance to make you aware of what you’re good at and what you need to work on.
“When I step on stage all my worries fade away and I just love it in general. I would feel more confident auditioning for drama school now, I now know where I am at.
You may also want to watch:
“I have a great starting point now and I am feeling more prepared. I have made quite a few friends from my time in the competition, and the judges have given me some solid advice.”
One judge said: “Jaynie has a glorious voice. It is so expressive and demonstrates great control through her vocal ability and range. I absolutely loved her performance.” Another said: “For me, the performance was amazing because it was honest and true.”
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 4 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses