Crowning glory for champions Hatfield Queen Elizabeth
HATFIELD Queen Elizabeth s rugby players are celebrating being crowned league champions. The Roe Hill Hall club maintained their 100 per cent Herts /Middlesex 4 record this season with a 26-0 victory away to GWR yesterday (Saturday). It made it 13 league
HATFIELD Queen Elizabeth's rugby players are celebrating being crowned league champions.
The Roe Hill Hall club maintained their 100 per cent Herts /Middlesex 4 record this season with a 26-0 victory away to GWR yesterday (Saturday).
It made it 13 league wins on the spin for George Stone's unbeaten team and clinched promotion with a game remaining.
However, Saturday's match at GWR's home ground in Ealing proved something of an anti-climax for the visitors with the home side failing to field a front row.
You may also want to watch:
This meant that scrums were uncontested throughout the match.
Nevertheless, Hatfield QE still racked up 26 unanswered points, with winger Owen Doyle running in two tries.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
Centre Toby Garrett and Leon Tyler also crossed the GWR line to make it the most successful season in the Hatfield club's history.
HQE have one league game left against Pinner & Grammarians next Saturday at Roe Hill.
Kick-off is at 3pm.