Crowning glory for champions Hatfield Queen Elizabeth
HATFIELD Queen Elizabeth s rugby players are celebrating being crowned league champions. The Roe Hill Hall club maintained their 100 per cent Herts /Middlesex 4 record this season with a 26-0 victory away to GWR yesterday (Saturday). It made it 13 league
HATFIELD Queen Elizabeth's rugby players are celebrating being crowned league champions.
The Roe Hill Hall club maintained their 100 per cent Herts /Middlesex 4 record this season with a 26-0 victory away to GWR yesterday (Saturday).
It made it 13 league wins on the spin for George Stone's unbeaten team and clinched promotion with a game remaining.
However, Saturday's match at GWR's home ground in Ealing proved something of an anti-climax for the visitors with the home side failing to field a front row.
This meant that scrums were uncontested throughout the match.
Nevertheless, Hatfield QE still racked up 26 unanswered points, with winger Owen Doyle running in two tries.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
Centre Toby Garrett and Leon Tyler also crossed the GWR line to make it the most successful season in the Hatfield club's history.
HQE have one league game left against Pinner & Grammarians next Saturday at Roe Hill.
Kick-off is at 3pm.