Crowning glory for champions Hatfield Queen Elizabeth
HATFIELD Queen Elizabeth s rugby players are celebrating being crowned league champions. The Roe Hill Hall club maintained their 100 per cent Herts /Middlesex 4 record this season with a 26-0 victory away to GWR yesterday (Saturday). It made it 13 league
HATFIELD Queen Elizabeth's rugby players are celebrating being crowned league champions.
The Roe Hill Hall club maintained their 100 per cent Herts /Middlesex 4 record this season with a 26-0 victory away to GWR yesterday (Saturday).
It made it 13 league wins on the spin for George Stone's unbeaten team and clinched promotion with a game remaining.
However, Saturday's match at GWR's home ground in Ealing proved something of an anti-climax for the visitors with the home side failing to field a front row.
You may also want to watch:
This meant that scrums were uncontested throughout the match.
Nevertheless, Hatfield QE still racked up 26 unanswered points, with winger Owen Doyle running in two tries.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
Centre Toby Garrett and Leon Tyler also crossed the GWR line to make it the most successful season in the Hatfield club's history.
HQE have one league game left against Pinner & Grammarians next Saturday at Roe Hill.
Kick-off is at 3pm.