Crowds flock to Welwyn for annual costume parade
HUNDREDS of residents and visitors alike lined the streets of Welwyn on Saturday for the village s annual costume parade. The theme for this year's parade, one of the highlights of Welwyn Festival Week, was
HUNDREDS of residents and visitors alike lined the streets of Welwyn on Saturday for the village's annual costume parade.
The theme for this year's parade, one of the highlights of Welwyn Festival Week, was cartoon characters.
Dozens of children and adults took part, decked out as bees, bears, dwarfs and witches.
The parade was followed by a family fun day at Singlers Marsh, which featured a range of activities including pony rides, archery, plate smashing, a raffle and a punch and judy show.
You may also want to watch:
For more pictures and further coverage see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 9 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital