Crowds flock to Welwyn for annual costume parade
HUNDREDS of residents and visitors alike lined the streets of Welwyn on Saturday for the village s annual costume parade. The theme for this year's parade, one of the highlights of Welwyn Festival Week, was
HUNDREDS of residents and visitors alike lined the streets of Welwyn on Saturday for the village's annual costume parade.
The theme for this year's parade, one of the highlights of Welwyn Festival Week, was cartoon characters.
Dozens of children and adults took part, decked out as bees, bears, dwarfs and witches.
The parade was followed by a family fun day at Singlers Marsh, which featured a range of activities including pony rides, archery, plate smashing, a raffle and a punch and judy show.
You may also want to watch:
For more pictures and further coverage see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 7 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals