Crowds flock to Welwyn for annual costume parade
HUNDREDS of residents and visitors alike lined the streets of Welwyn on Saturday for the village s annual costume parade. The theme for this year's parade, one of the highlights of Welwyn Festival Week, was
HUNDREDS of residents and visitors alike lined the streets of Welwyn on Saturday for the village's annual costume parade.
The theme for this year's parade, one of the highlights of Welwyn Festival Week, was cartoon characters.
Dozens of children and adults took part, decked out as bees, bears, dwarfs and witches.
The parade was followed by a family fun day at Singlers Marsh, which featured a range of activities including pony rides, archery, plate smashing, a raffle and a punch and judy show.
You may also want to watch:
For more pictures and further coverage see this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day