Woman's handbag stolen in Hatfield robbery
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and information following a robbery in Hatfield.
At around 7pm on Wednesday (December 16) a woman was on Willow Way when she was approached by a man who asked her the time. He then tried to grab her handbag. Following a struggle, in which the victim was kicked and fell to the ground, the man stole the handbag and ran away.
The suspect is described as aged between 30 and 40, with very short hair. He was wearing a black jacket and spoke with an Eastern European accent.
Detective Sergeant Daniel Webb, who is investigating, said: “We are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed this incident or saw anything suspicious in the area around the time of it.
“Additionally, if you have CCTV footage which shows anything relevant around the time please also get in touch.”
A 33 year old man from Hatfield has been arrested on suspicion of robbery, and has been released on police bail while enquiries continue.
Anyone with any information can contact police on 101, quoting crime reference 41/101044/20.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes