Mountain bike stolen from Welwyn Garden City shed
- Credit: Herts police
A mountain bike has been stolen from a shed in Welwyn Garden City, and police are now appealing for information.
At around 6.30pm on Friday, November 12, the orange-coloured bike was stolen from a communal bike shed in Chequersfield.
PC Paddy Phelan, from the Welwyn Hatfield Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “The bike is a Trek X-Caliber and it’s very distinctive with orange pedals as well as the orange frame.
“I am asking the public to take a look at this photo and get in touch if you think you’ve seen it. Perhaps you have been offered it for sale?
“I am also keen to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time of the offence and might have seen what happened. Did you see suspicious activity? Any information you have, no matter how small it might seem, could be vital to our investigation.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to remind residents that they can go to bikeregister.com to register their bikes on this free online property database. We use it to check stolen property and it means that if your bike does get stolen, you have more chance of it being returned to you.
“If you can help, please call the non-emergency number 101 or email me at Paddy.Phelan@herts.police.uk quoting crime reference 41/88580/21.”
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
- 3 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 4 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 5 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 8 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 9 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 10 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure