Victim assaulted by teenagers who claimed to have weapons
- Credit: Matt Powell
A person was reportedly attacked in Welwyn Garden City yesterday by teenagers who claimed to be carrying weapons.
The incident happened at around 7pm last night on King George V Playing Fields.
It was reported that the victim was approached by three teenagers, who claimed to have weapons before physically assaulting him. He did not sustain serious injuries.
Safer neighbourhood inspector Kash Hussain said: “We understand that news of this nature will be incredibly concerning to the local community.
"A thorough investigation is being carried out and we ask that anyone with information get in contact as soon as possible in order to help progress our enquiries. Our officers will be conducting additional patrols in the area over the coming days, so there will be a heightened police presence.
You may also want to watch:
“We have also been made aware that videos of the incident are circulating on social media. We would like to ask that you refrain from sharing this, and that you do not speculate or comment on the identities of those involved. This is a live, ongoing investigation, and identifying involved parties could harm any future proceedings.”
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 7 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 8 Nature migrations: Ospreys and other migrant visitors to Panshanger Park
- 9 Welwyn Garden Cup off on another cup adventure after dramatic FA Trophy win over Hythe
- 10 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street