Victim assaulted by teenagers who claimed to have weapons
- Credit: Matt Powell
A person was reportedly attacked in Welwyn Garden City yesterday by teenagers who claimed to be carrying weapons.
The incident happened at around 7pm last night on King George V Playing Fields.
It was reported that the victim was approached by three teenagers, who claimed to have weapons before physically assaulting him. He did not sustain serious injuries.
Safer neighbourhood inspector Kash Hussain said: “We understand that news of this nature will be incredibly concerning to the local community.
"A thorough investigation is being carried out and we ask that anyone with information get in contact as soon as possible in order to help progress our enquiries. Our officers will be conducting additional patrols in the area over the coming days, so there will be a heightened police presence.
You may also want to watch:
“We have also been made aware that videos of the incident are circulating on social media. We would like to ask that you refrain from sharing this, and that you do not speculate or comment on the identities of those involved. This is a live, ongoing investigation, and identifying involved parties could harm any future proceedings.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 7 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 8 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 9 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire