Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- Credit: Twitter/@roadpoliceBCH
A suspected drug-driver was spotted driving his Toyota “erratically” in Hatfield.
The Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Roads Policing Unit stopped the blue hatchback on the A1(M) last night (May 22).
A police sergeant watched in horror after seeing the car “being driven erratically” across the main road in Hertfordshire shortly after 8pm.
Officers Tweeted a picture of a marked Volvo police car behind the bright blue car at the side of the A1(M) following the incident.
The driver was arrested after failing a roadside drugs test and the vehicle had to be recovered, all at a cost to the owner.
A police spokesperson said: “Greetings from Team E South.
“Our Sergeant, RS65, spotted this Toyota being driven erratically, he caused it to stop and a roadside drugs test showed positive for cannabis.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 6 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 7 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 8 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 9 Welwyn Hatfield couple demand change to stillborn definition
- 10 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
“Driver arrested so that evidential bloods can be obtained.
“Vehicle recovered at owner's cost. A1(M) Hatfield.”