Seven arrested after eggs thrown at cars near the Galleria
- Credit: Archant
Yesterday, a large police presence was in Hatfield following reports of a big group of people congregating and behaving in an anti-social manner, including throwing eggs at cars.
Seven people were arrested in the Comet Way and Galleria area and a Section 35 dispersal order has been put in place.
Inspector Kio Bozorgi said: “This is incredibly reckless behaviour given the current climate and we will be taking robust action against those who have chosen to selfishly disregard the COVID-19 guidance.
"The instructions could not be any clearer – stay at home to save lives and protect the NHS.
“A number of those arrested are under 18 and so I would like to take this opportunity to remind parents to ensure their children are following the rules.”
If you believe someone may be breaching the COVID-19 regulations, you can report information by:
• Filling out our online reporting form at www.police.uk/tell-us-about-a-possible.
• Speaking to an operator in the Force Communications Room via online webchat at herts.police.uk/contact.
• Calling our non-emergency telephone number 101 (in an emergency, always dial 999).
• Contacting Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111 or visiting crimestoppers-uk.org.
You can ask your local council to investigate a business or organisation for not following the Government's COVID-19 regulations by reporting it to them online
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone